Monday, October 4, 2010

Teacher Thanks

This week's SCS clean and simple challenge is to use the faux letterpress technique on your project. I've been wanting to try this for a while, so I was really excited about the challenge. It was pretty easy once I figured out to go sort of easy on the ink . . .

I used one of Papertrey Ink's impression plates for my faux letterpressed panel. I inked the alphabet panel with some cream pigment ink and ran it through my Big Shot. Love how it turned out!

The rest of the card is very simple. I went with a school themed card to match my letter pattern. The "thank you" sentiment from Mint Motif's School Basics set is stamped on a strip of chalkstock in white ink. I used a strip of red and white striped fabric tape to make a notch-ended strip across my card, then attached the sentiment above it. The set's apple image is stamped on white cardstock and colored with Copic markers. I cut it out and attached it to the card with foam tape. Now I just have to find a teacher to thank--and since I work with a whole bunch of kindergarten teachers (in 40 elementary schools!), this shouldn't be too hard . . .

Materials Used:

other: Fresh Snow and Vintage Cream inks, Book Print impression plate (Papertrey Ink); Real Red and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!); foam tape

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips