Monday, October 4, 2010

Rain (or Shine)

Well, here it’s definitely been a dreary, rainy kind of day here! The power went off at my office for an hour or so this morning, leaving us sitting in the dark and waiting to resume normal operations. It was still drizzly when I got home from work and Chloe the cutie puppy's late afternoon walk was cut short, so she's bopping all over the place, just looking for trouble. It's just been that kind of day . . .

Anyway, here’s my bright and cheery card for this month’s My Favorite Things guest designer challenge. This month’s challenge was a color challenge using aqua, raspberry, and lime, with the option of adding yellow, too. I managed to get all 4 colors in this sweet card that combines elements from two different MFT sets.

I started with the adorable Pure Innocence My Umbrella set. The little girl is stamped on a white panel. I used a combination of coloring and paper piecing to fill in the image. The paper piecing uses lime and raspberry scraps from the KaiserCraft Hello Birdie line. The papers have subtle patterns that really don't show in the photo, but I promise they're there. I couldn’t resist making her rain boots a bold, bright yellow. I drew in a puddle for her to stand in, colored it, then coated it with Glossy Accents for a slick, wet look.

I used the challenge colors for the rest of the elements on the card. I used another strip of Hello Birdie paper on the front of the card and accented it with a bold strip of raspberry grosgrain ribbon. I added a button embellished bow to the ribbon strip, placed just at the bottom of the image panel. The “rain or shine” sentiment from the Who’s That Girl Rain or Shine set is stamped at the bottom of the card directly on the aqua polka dotted panel. A perfect cheery card for a dreary day!

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence My Umbrella and Rain or Shine stamp sets (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Raspberry Fizz and Aqua Mist cardstock, Library Ledger patterned paper, Raspberry Fizz button, twine (Papertrey Ink); Hello Birdie designer paper (KaiserCraft); circle dies (Spellbinders); raspberry grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); Glossy Accents (Ranger); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips