Thursday, October 21, 2010

Tweet Happy Hello

Here’s my card for this week’s Our Craft Lounge sketch challenge. I used my new Sassafras Lass Count Me In paper pad for color inspiration along with the Tweet Trees set for this bright and cheery card. It made for a pretty non-traditional colored tree card, but I’m happy with how it turned out.

I paper pieced one of the set’s tree images using two different papers from the Count Me In pad. I know I’ve said that Indie Girl is among my favorite paper collections, but the fun colors and patterns in this paper pad just might bump the Indie Girl one down a spot or two on my list. The smaller circles on the tree are popped up with some foam squares. I used Copic markers to add some coordinating grass underneath the tree.

I added another pattern from the paper pack into the mix for the panels on the cardfront. I stretched a piece of pink twill across the cardfront and added a matching bow accent. The set’s sentiment is stamped in pink ink on a circle panel that’s attached to the bow’s knot using some baker’s twine.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Tweet Trees stamp set, Memento Rich Cocoa ink, Couture Cardstock white Copic blending cardstock, Copic markers (Y21, Y23, Y26, YR0000), Sassafras Lass Count Me In Wee Bundle pad, Alexx Kesh pink herringbone twill, Spellbinders rectangle and circle dies, Jillibean Soup baker’s twine, Zva Creative dimensional foam squares, Bow Easy

other: Pink Passion and So Saffron cardstock (Stampin’ Up!)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips