Friday, October 22, 2010

Cuppycake Birthday

Here’s my card for this week’s Bellarific Friday from Stamping Bella. This week’s challenge was a sketch challenge. I made a small square card that I think came out kind of busy. It’s starting to grow on me, though . . .

The large Cuppycake with a Sprinkle on Top
image is stamped on a white panel. The images are colored with Copic markers. The cherry on top of the cupcake is covered with Glossy Accents for a shiny look.

I used a striped paper from K & Company’s Confetti line to cover most of the cardfront. Since the paper had diagonal stripes, I mirrored that in my panel under the cupcake image. I machine stitched triangles of rust and green cardstock to a teal panel, picking shades that were close to ones in the patterned paper. A pair of brown ribbon tabs (yes, they are brown, even though they look black here!) is slipped under the left side of the image. I used foam tape to attach the finished panel to the patterned paper. The “happy birthday” sentiment is stamped directly on the paper. I completed the card with copper brads at each corner. I finally realized I could use my paper piercing guide to help me get the placement of the brads even—that made me feel a little better about the card.

Materials Used:
Cuppycake with a Sprinkle on Top image and sentiment (Stamping Bella); white cardstock (Couture Cardstock); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Hawaiian Shores and Simply Chartreuse cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Dusty Durango cardstock, Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon (Stampin’ Up!);Confetti matstack (K & Company); circle dies (Spellbinders); copper brads (Making Memories); brown grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); Glossy Accents (Ranger); foam tape; sewing machine

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips