Sunday, November 21, 2010

Be Merry!

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. It's based on this super sparkly winter holiday card here. The snowflake's sparkle and the clean design caught my eye. For my version I kept the layout mostly the same, changing just a few elements of the design.

I decided I wanted to go fun and festive, so I went with pink for my snowflake. Instead of using glitter and Glossy Accents to create the sparkly snowflake, I used a piece of a pink glittered sheet attached to the cardfront so it showed through the open space in the punched snowflake. The panel with the punched snowflake is attached to the cardfront with dimensional dots to give the glittery portion a recessed appearance.

I stamped the "Be Merry!" sentiment from the Hero Arts Get Merry stamp set in gray ink beneath the snowflake cut out. For another splash of pink, I knotted a piece of fuschia faux suede ribbon around the card. The ribbon filled some of the white space, but still left plenty. The card's simple, but the sparkle sure packs a punch!

Materials Used:

other: snowflake punch (Marvy Uchida)

5 comments:

  1. Oh so pretty! Love the large glittery snowflake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, love the pink glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card Lori. Glittery pink snowflakes - what' s not to love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant Lori...what a fun, and quick way to create outstanding holiday cards...I'm going to be casing this one for sure!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips