Monday, November 22, 2010

Clean and Simple Lift

This week’s SCS clean and simple challenge is to use some kind of sponging on your project. I went with a sponged cloud sky for my simple, cheery card using images from the Across the Miles set from Clear and Simple Stamps.

To get the cloud-filled sky, I created a rectangle shaped mask and sponged blue ink over a cloud template inside the open part of the mask. After the sky was complete, I drew a black line around it to define it against the white background.

I stamped the set’s balloon image on the sky panel, extending a bit beyond the edge to give a sense of movement. I stamped the balloon part a second time on a scrap of cardstock, colored it with Copic markers and cut it out, then attached it to the card with foam tape. The “thanks for the lift” sentiment is stamped in red ink on a blue scrap. I attached it to the card and added a button, tied with some red and white baker’s twine, as a simple accent.

Materials Used:
Across the Miles stamp set, Trendsetter Blue and Perfect Little Black Dress inks, Trendsetter Blue and A Blanc Check cardstock, Simply Blue-tiful button (Clear and Simple Stamps); Real Red Classic ink (Stampin’ Up!); markers (Copic-R12, R22, R24, R27, E33, E34, E35); baker’s twine (Papertrey Ink); cloud template; sponge; foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Love your sponged clouds. I got a card in real quick yesterday for last week, we'll see if I can get this weeks in too. Love the CAS cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely beautiful Love your clouds and the button is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips