Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Gobble Gobble and Gingerbread

Here are two quick but cute cards for today's SCS sketch challenge. First up is the fun turkey card with images and papers from Papertrey Ink. I used the turkey from the Gobble, Gobble set for the focal image. The body is made from brown cardstock and the feathers are cut from felt, then stamped with the dotted feather image for a fun look and texture.
I used one solid and one patterned paper, both in fall tones, for the panels on the cardfront. A gold ribbon is knotted around the solid panel to add interest. I stamped the "gobble gobble" sentiment on an oval panel and positioned it like a speech bubble over the turkey's head.
Materials Used:
Gobble Gobble stamp set, Dark Chocolate ink, Harvest Gold and Terracotta Tile cardstock, Autumn Abundance patterned paper, turkey die, Harvest Gold satin ribbon, Harvest Gold felt (Papertrey Ink); Close to Cocoa and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin' Up!); petite oval dies (Spellbinders); foam tape
And, here's a very cute winter holiday card using images from a brand new digi stamp site, Stamp Fairy. The store's full of absolutely adorable images. Gerta, the artist/owner, generously sent me this adorable gingerbread image to try out.
I printed the image out twice and colored it with Copic markers. I cut out the head from one of the colored images and added it to the other image with some foam tape for a dimensional look. The "icing" is coated with a clear Glaze pen for a glossy look--hard to see in the photo, but a fun detail IRL. I used some Sugar Sparkly Fluff along the top of the stocking for a textured look.
I used two different patterned papers from American Crafts' Merry Mint line on this card. I picked the red one with the curliecue pattern because it kind of reminded me of icing swirls. And the dotted one, I picked because I can't seem to resist dots--LOL! I added a red felt snowflake with a rhinestone at the center as an accent on this one instead of a sentiment for a fun, seasonal look.
Materials Used:
digi image (Stamp Fairy); white cardstock (Couture Cardstock); markers (Copic); Riding Hood Red and Crumb Cake cardstock, felt snowflake (Stampin' Up!); Merry Mint designer paper (American Crafts); clear Glaze pen (Sakura); white satin ribbon (Target); Sugar Sparkly Fluff (Our Craft Lounge); rhinestone (Studio 18); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips