Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Fall Favor

Today’s the official start of my Thanksgiving mini-break. I took an extra day off from work so I could do some things around the house (like get my stamp space in order and fix an outside light that my homeowner’s association thinks is an eyesore . . .) and spend quality time hanging out with my Chloe the cutie puppy. Before I get started on all of that, I have a sweet treat to share with you using the Happy Fall set from Clear and Simple Stamps.

I used one of CSS’s free templates to create a basket that was the perfect size and shape for a yummy caramel and nut covered apple I picked up at the grocery store. The basket is made from CSS’s Kraft Like a Rockstar cardstock for a sort of rustic look. You can download the template right here.

I used some wired red satin ribbon to make a bright handle for the basket. I stamped the set’s leaf border block across a small manila shipping tag, adding the “happy fall” sentiment and a copper brad at the bottom. The tag is attached to the handle with some twine. Once I had the basket completed, I set the wrapped caramel apple in the basket. Wouldn’t these make adorable favors or place cards for a Thanksgiving meal? That’s not going to be happening here, though. That gooey apple is calling my name and I’m planning to eat it for dessert after lunch today--LOL!

Materials Used:
Happy Fall stamp set, Kraft Like a Rockstar cardstock, Dish All the Dirt Brown button, ScorTape (Clear and Simple Stamps); Rich Cocoa ink (Memento); manila shipping tag (Staples); wired red satin ribbon (Michaels); copper brads (Making Memories); twine (Papertrey Ink)

2 comments:

  1. skip lunch, go straight for the apple! Adorable basket and tag and then after you eat the apple some hershey kisses would look great in there ;-)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips