Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Tis the Season

Starving Artistamps just released two brand new sets of images that are perfect for the holiday season. I used Berry the elf from the new DoodleFactory Tis the Season collection for this card for today's SCS sketch challenge.

The elf is colored in seasonal shades of red and green using Copic markers. I added some white flock to her jacket as a fun accent.
The rest of the card is simple, even though there are a lot of layers going on here. I built the card around the panel of Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses paper that runs across the green cardfront. I layered the image over red and kraft panels. Some green ribbon adds interest to the kraft and zig zag machine stitching along the edges dresses up the red cardstock panel. Once I finished putting everything together, there wasn't any room for a sentiment on the front of this small 4 1/4" square card. I think I'll stamp the "naughty or nice" sentiment on the inside . . .

Materials Used:
Berry image--DoodleFactory Tis the Season set (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Couture Cardstock); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Real Red, Pear Pizzazz, and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Eskimo Kisses collection (Basic Grey); Spring Moss grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); white flock (Stampendous); sewing machine

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips