Friday, November 26, 2010

I Ruff You

Here's a super sweet card that combines this week's There She Goes color challenge with Jen's latest Sketch for You to Try. The cute puppy image from Puppy Love was a perfect fit for the focal image panel.

I colored the image with Copic markers to match the challenge colors---Cherry Cobbler, kraft, and white. After digging through my stash for a bit, I managed to find designer papers using the challenge colors. The kraft paper with foil hearts was a nice match for the image. The dotted paper is pretty close to a Cherry Cobbler red shade and added a little sparkle to the card, too.

After arranging the panels, I added a die cut felt heart with a button accent. The set's "I ruff you" sentiment was stamped in red and slid under the heart to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Puppy Love stamp set (There She Goes); white cardstock (Couture Cardstock); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Real Red Classic ink, Cherry Cobbler and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Ka-Zoo designer paper (K & Company); Sugar and Spice designer paper (The Paper Studio); heart die (Spellbinders); felt (The Cat's Pajamas); baker's twine (Papertrey Ink); button

1 comment:

  1. Lori, I love this!! The image is so stinking cute and colored perfectly! Great job with the SFYTT challenge - thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips