Thursday, November 25, 2010

Let It Snow--Not!

Happy Thanksgiving! Chloe the cutie puppy and I are having a lazy day before I head to my parent's house for dinner. Chloe will not be joining me--her table manners aren't the greatest yet and I can't imagine her around a table with a big spread of food . . . Anyway, here’s my card for this week’s Our Craft Lounge sketch challenge. I used the Penguin Fun set, minus the cutie penguins, for this week’s sketch along with some Echo Park patterned paper. The card's theme is snow, but I can safely say that one thing I'm thankful for today is that it's not snowy here. After last winter, I don't want to see--or shovel--snow again for a very long time!

I stamped the hat and mitten pair images in black ink on a round panel and colored them with Copic markers. The pom pom on the hat is filled in with some Sugar Sparkly Fluff. The “let it snow” sentiment is stamped so it curves around the edge of the panel—love that about clear stamps! I layered the finished panel on a big scalloped circle—probably should have made this circle a little larger so you could see it better . . .

I used a snowflake patterned paper from Echo Park’s Everybody Loves Christmas collection to cover most of the cardfront. Kate has just started carrying this fabulous line at IHP—you’ll want to stop over and check it out, especially with the big Black Friday and Cyber Monday specials she’s got in store for you.

I dressed up the front of the card with a scallop edged strip and some red faux suede ribbon. Each of the scallops is dotted with a bit of White Opal Liquid Pearls. The new, reformulated LP’s are super shiny. I have a feeling I’ll be adding some more colors to my collection soon . . . I added a trio of self-adhesive pearls to the open area in the upper left side of the cardfront to complete the design.

If you're planning on doing some holiday shopping over the next few days, be sure that you make a stop at i {heart} papers (my favorite place to get OCL stamps!). There are two fantastic sale opportunities waiting for you.

From Black Friday through Sunday (midnight EST) use the code black25dt for 25% off any order $25 or more. This is the biggest discount IHP has ever offered so take advantage of it while you can!

Then, in celebration of Cyber Monday, after the 25% off coupon has expired, there will be over 600 items on steep, steep discount - some up to 50% off! So shop early with your 25% off coupon to get what you really NEED to get and then come back on Monday to see all the fantastic savings that are left!

Happy shopping!

(The nitty gritty details - coupon does not apply to any previous orders or any items that are out of stock. Sale items are first come, first served and no rainchecks apply. And, no credits will be issued if you purchase something with the 25% off coupon and then it goes on sale at a later date. Sorry!)

Materials Used:
from
i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Penguin Fun stamp set and Sugar Sparkly Fluff, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Couture Cardstock white Copic blending cardstock, Copic markers (R12, R22, R24, R27, BG10, BG11, BG32), Echo Park Everybody Loves Christmas collection kit, Spellbinders circle and big scalloped circle dies, May Arts red faux suede ribbon, Ranger White Opal Liquid Pearls, Zva Creative dimensional dots and white self-adhesive pearls

other: Aqua Mist and Hawaiian Shores cardstock (Papertrey Ink); scallop edge punch (Stampin’ Up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips