Monday, November 22, 2010

The Latest from The Cat's Pajamas

I’m so excited to be joining The Cat’s Pajamas as a guest designer for their latest release. You’re going to love the newest additions to the TCP lineup!

Here’s a pretty simple but still fun and festive design featuring the new Jingle Bells set. This is one of my favorite layouts—it works with so many different images. Here, I stamped the girl on a white panel and colored her with Copic markers. I added some white flock to her cuffs and the bottom of her coat. The bell in her hands is a bell brad that I picked up while crafty shopping with my best friend over the weekend. I saw the package of brads and knew they’d be just perfect to use with this image. I had plenty of white space left for stamping the matching “jingle all the way” sentiment.

Once the image was colored, I matted the image on a red panel with a fancy edge made with the new Apron Border Cut-Ups die—love it! I ran a strip of red grosgrain ribbon down the front of the card before layering the image panel on top. A matching red button-embellished bow completed the design.

Materials Used:
Jingle Bells stamp set, Apron Border Cut-Ups die, Divine Twine (The Cat’s Pajamas); white cardstock (Couture Cardstock); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Real Red and Bashful Blue cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Pure Poppy button (Papertrey Ink); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); bell brad (The Paper Source); white flock (Stampendous)

Next up is a cute little tag featuring the adorable little girl image from the new You Suit Me set. I colored the little girl with Copic markers and carefully cut her out to be placed on the manila shipping tag. I added some Stickles and clear Stardust glitter pen to sparkle her up a bit, too.

The shipping tag has some torn shimmery white paper for a snowy base. Some candy cane striped paper tape runs along the bottom. It’s a perfect match for the coffee package I attached the tag to. After adding the little girl to the tag with foam tape, I stamped the “how you’ve bean?” sentiment on a notch-ended strip and attached it to the tag. Some red satin ribbon and a matching button

Unfortunately, this adorable set will never be gifted to anyone. The coffee package encountered the natural disaster known as Chloe the cutie puppy. It must have smelled super good to her—she snagged it off of my table and carried it around the house. There are a few teeth holes that I had to plug with tape so I could photograph the set before pitching the leaking bag of coffee flakes. That puppy is so lucky she’s so cute . . .

Materials Used:
You Suit Me stamp set, Divine Twine (The Cat’s Pajamas); white cardstock (Couture Cardstock); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Real Red, Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Pure Poppy button (Papertrey Ink); paper tape (Martha Stewart); clear Stardust pen (Sakura); Ruby Slippers Glitz Stickles (Ranger); red satin ribbon (?); manila shipping tag (Staples); foam tape

And, if you’re a regular reader, you know I love, love, love bunnies. So, I was thrilled to see a new bunny set, Define Good, in this month’s release. I colored the bunny’s packages in bright tones to coordinate with the colors in the fun (and kind of busy) designer paper I used to cover the cardfront. The bunny himself (or her?) has a red hat with some sparkly fluff as an accent.

I kept the layout simple, using coordinating colors for mats and stamping the “define good” sentiment on a notch-edged ribbon strip. Can you see that fun new Apron Border die cut strip peeking out from underneath the ribbon? I had to fit it in there . . .

Materials Used:
Define Good stamp set, Apron Border Cut-Ups die (The Cat’s Pajamas); white cardstock (Couture Cardstock); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Real Red, Pink Pirouette, and Pear Pizzazz cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Hawaiian Shores cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Christmas Carnival designer paper (KaiserCraft); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); Sugar Sparkly Fluff (Our Craft Lounge); clear crystals (Studio 18)

2 comments:

  1. I forgot you were hangin' with the team this release. looove these, Lori. congrats and tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are all wonderful Lori!! I love your sweetly colored coffee tag - she's adorable!! And the bunny ... love him! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips