Thursday, November 4, 2010

Primarily Purple?

Here’s my card for this week’s Kraftin Kimmie challenge to make a mostly purple card. I don’t color much with my purple Copic markers, so this was a good challenge for me.

I colored the Moonlight Whispers Antoinette image in shades of purples and blues. For a fun touch, I added some white Sparkly Fluff to her dress and earmuffs. Her skate blades are colored with a silver gel pen for a metal-like shine.

I used this week’s Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge for my card’s design. The three panels underneath the image are from a My Mind’s Eye paper pack. They all have a glittery pattern. After attaching the colored image, I added a seam binding bow with a button at the center as a simple embellishment—there wasn’t room for much else!

Materials Used:
Moonlight Whispers Antoinette image (Kraftin Kimmie Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Orchid Opulence cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Lovely Lavender cardstock (Gina K Designs); designer paper (My Mind's Eye); Plum Pudding button (Papertrey Ink); seam binding (Martha Stewart); petite oval and petite scalloped oval dies (Spelbinders); Sugar Sparkly Fluff (Our Craft Lounge); silver gel pen (Sakura)

1 comment:

  1. wow, this is gorgeous! of course, i may be partial, because i love purple, but you really did a great job coloring this image!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips