Friday, November 5, 2010

Falling Leaves Sympathy

Here’s a sympathy card I made using this week’s Mojo Monday sketch. The tree and leaf topper images from Papertrey Ink’s Falling Leaves set were perfect for a simple, peaceful scene. This set is definitely not just for autumn--I have a feeling I'll be using it a lot.

I started by tearing a green strip to place at the bottom of my tall rectangle pattern as grass. I stamped the tree image on the panel in brown ink and added the leaves in green. The “with sympathy” sentiment from PTI’s Fillable Frames # 2 set is stamped on a portion of a Labels 9 die that I trimmed to fit along the top of the rectangle panel. I layered the stamped panel on a Fine Linen scalloped rectangle, then added foam tape to the back.

The kraft cardfront is covered with a neutral piece of Distressed Dots patterned paper. I knotted a piece of Simply Chartreuse satin ribbon around the panel before layering on the stamped image.

Materials Used:
Falling Leaves and Fillable Frames # 2 stamp sets, Dark Chocolate and Simply Chartreuse inks, Fine Linen and Simply Chartreuse cardstock, Distressed Dots patterned paper, Simply Chartreuse satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Very Vanilla and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Labels 9 die (Spellbinders); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. this is very pretty, i love what you did with the Mojo sketch. great colors too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love the torn grass and the earthy colors. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips