Sunday, November 14, 2010

Out of this World

Here's my card for today's SCS sketch challenge. This alien-themed card with lots of white space caught my eye. I recreated it using images from the DoodleFactory Final Frontier set from Starving Artistamps.

I stamped three of the space creature images on 1 1/4" squares and colored them with Copic markers. For the fourth square, I used the set's small Earth image, again colored with Copic markers. I used some Stickles to add in a few stars around it.

All of the colored squares were matted on black squares, then layered on a white panel and a black panel before being attached to the white card base. The coordinating sentiment is computer generated. I cut a notch in one end and added a punched star, accented with a button and some twine, at the other end.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Final Frontier stamp set (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Couture Cardstock); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Crushed Curry and Basic Black cardstock, small star punch (Stampin' Up!); Yellow Stickles (Ranger); square punches (EK Success); button (Papertrey Ink); baker's twine (The Twinery); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips