Saturday, November 20, 2010

Warm Wishes in Blue

My sister asked me to bring her some winter-themed cards she could send for the holidays, so I've been putting a few together to share with her. This one, based on this week's Paper Craft Planet sketch challenge from Lynn, is going right into Jill's stack of cards.

I used images from Verve's Winter Mittens set (love those mittens!) along with Verve's Sweet Scallop Tag die for my card. The mittens are paper pieced on a dotted patterned paper. I added some fun tinsel glitter to the cuffs for a sparkle with a little texture. The mittens are strung together with some baker's twine and attached to the fancy shaped tag with some foam tape. I stamped the "warm wishes" sentiment beneath the mittens in blue ink and knotted a piece of blue twill through the hole at the end of the tag.

I used blue papers and elements to complete the rest of the card. A snowflake patterned paper covers most of the cardfront. I layered it on a solid blue panel, then on a striped panel, before placing it on the blue card base. For some texture, I used strips of grosgrain and twill in different shades of blue for the panels that run down the length of the card.

If you get a chance to play along this week, please use the keyword sk112010 when uploading to the PCP gallery. That way your card can be added to the album with the rest of the cards made using this sketch for everyone to admire.

Materials Used:
Winter Mittens stamp set, Sweet Scallop Tag die (Verve Stamps); white cardstock (Couture Cardstock); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Brocade Blue Classic ink (Stampin' Up!); Blueberry Sky cardstock, Blueberry Sky grosgrain ribbon, Spring Rain twill, Enchanted Evening baker's twine (Papertrey Ink); The Winter Combo matstack (DCWV); tinsel glitter (Martha Stewart); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips