Saturday, November 20, 2010

Cold Hands, Warm Heart

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club challenge to make a card inspired by the classic song, My Favorite Things, from The Sound of Music. I took my inspiration from the warm woolen mittens and packages tied up with strings for this simple wintery card.

I used the Pure Innocence Emma Celebrates the Season image for my card. Emma is colored with Copic markers and cut out. I added some white Sparkly Fluff to her hat, muff, and the top of her boots, then used foam tape to attach her to a simple snowy background made from a blue panel with strips of torn shimmery white cardstock along the bottom.

I used MFT’s Perfect Bracket Edge Die-Namics die to make the fancy edged panel that’s along the left side of the tiny scene. The purple and white baker’s twine is threaded through two tiny holes in the purple panel and tied in a bow. The coordinating sentiment is stamped in purple ink on a shimmery white panel. As someone who always has cold hands, I totally feel this sentiment—LOL!

In just a little while, I’m off for a fun day of crafty shopping with my best friend. We’re venturing out to a Hobby Lobby store (and a Joann superstore and some lunch, too) about 45 minutes away from us. It’s the first time either of us has been to a HL, so we’re excited to see what we’ll find.

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence Emma Celebrates the Season stamp set, Die-Namics Perfect Bracket Edge die (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Couture Cardstock); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Elegant Eggplant, Bashful Blue, and Shimmery White cardstock, oval punch (Stampin’ Up!); The Winter Combo matstack (DCWV); Sugar Sparkly Fluff (Our Craft Lounge); purple button (Clear and Simple Stamps); baker’s twine (Divine Twine); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips