Saturday, November 6, 2010

Wednesday Stamp Club Warms My Heart

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club’s sketch challenge. I went wintery with a Pure Innocence cutie as my focal image.

The Snow Day girl is colored with Copic markers. I used some glitter to add sparkle to the snowballs and some Polar White Flower Soft for fluffy white snow and a fun fluffy detail on her hat, too. The image is set on a scalloped oval mat, then layered on the cardfront.

I used two strips of Cosmo Cricket’s Jolly by Golly designer paper for the panel on the cardfront. I love non-traditional winter and holiday card color combos, so this paper was perfect. I matted the panels on red strips before attaching them to an aqua card base. The sentiment is stamped on a ribbon strip to add some texture. I finished off the card with a felt snowflake with a button center, placed at the top of the image panel.

Materials Used:
Snow Day set, snowflake Die-Namics die (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Real Red cardstock, Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin’ Up!); Aqua Mist cardstock, Aqua Mist grosgrain ribbon, Ocean Tides felt, Aqua Mist button, Pure Poppy baker’s twine (Papertrey Ink); Jolly by Golly designer paper (Cosmo Cricket); oval and scalloped oval dies (Spellbinders); Polar White Flower Soft

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card! Love the colors, and that image is just too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just adorable! Love your snowflake and button combo!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips