Sunday, November 28, 2010

With Gratitude

This week's Wednesday Stamp Club challenge from My Favorite Things was about being thankful. I made my project with a very specific purpose in mind and I'm pleased with how it turned out. I used this week's Sketch for You to Try to make a thank you card to give to my vet. Next Tuesday marks one year since I unexpectedly put my Cosmo the crazy dog to sleep. Even though a year has passed and I brought Chloe the cutie puppy and her big, bubbly personality into my home 8 months ago, I still think about him and miss him all the time. I'm planning to mark the anniversary of his passing by spending time with Chloe at the dog park, seeing her where she's happiest. And, I'm going to bring this card and some special treats to my vet's office. Even though he was a frustrating and challenging patient, the staff there took amazing care of Cosmo for most of his life and truly loved him as I did. I wasn't ready to do something to formally thank them last year (I was having a hard enough time just getting out of bed to get to work), but I wanted to make sure that I did something for them at some point.

Okay, enough sad stuff . . . here's the card. I combined three different Pure Innocence sets to come up with it. I used the girl from Heart Stripes for the largest image panel. She's colored with Copic markers and cut out, then set on the oval panel using foam tape. I stamped the dog from Boy & Dog-Dog Gone Cute on a cardstock scrap, colored it, and cut it out. The dog's set on the cardfront so it appears to be sitting on the sentiment flag. The sentiment comes from the Li'l Pumpkin set.

I used two patterns from the October Afternoon Modern Homemaker line on the cardfront. I love that aqua and red combination! It took a while, but I finally found three similar size, shape, and color buttons to place along the bottom of the card as accents. Each button is knotted with some baker's twine for a little more red. The end result is a sweet way to honor a special friend and thank some of the people who cared for him . . .

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence Heart Stripe, Boy & Dog-Dog Gone Cute, and Li'l Pumpkin stamp sets (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Couture Cardstock); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Aqua Mist and Hawaiian Shores cardstock, Hawaiian Shores button, Pure Poppy baker's twine (Papertrey Ink); Riding Hood Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Modern Homemaker designer paper (October Afternoon); petite oval dies (Spellbinders); Ruby Slippers Glitz Stickles (Ranger); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. How sweet, Lori! Love what you've done with the SFYTT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We, too, have missed Cos and have wonderful memories of him and his crazy antics. I do know that he is looking down on you and Chloe and is so glad that you are sharing your love, heart and home with her!
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips