Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Linen Kind Deeds

Here’s my card for this week’s SCS sketch challenge. I went with a pretty quick and simple design using images from the Kind Deeds set from Clear and Simple Stamps. The beautiful silhouette image in this set is perfect for putting together a great card in no time at all.

I stamped the silhouette image two times on a Trendsetter Blue panel using a soft brown ink. I paired the silhouette image with two patterned papers from DCWV's Linen Closet matstack. I really like the muted color tones in this collection. I decided not to mat the layers for a cleaner design.

An elegant satin ribbon along the bottom of the image panel dresses up the design. I added a button as a simple accent and slid the "thinking of you" sentiment under the top edge of the ribbon to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Kind Deeds stamp set, Trendsetter Blue, Kraft Like a Rockstar, and On the Catwalk Cream, Trendsetter Blue satin ribbon, Trendsetter Blue button (Clear and Simple Stamps); Crumb Cake Classic ink (Stampin' Up!); Linen Closet matstack (DCWV); linen thread (The Cat's Pajamas)

Be sure to stop by the Clear and Simple iPhone app today to check out another one of my CSS creations. I have a little sneak peek to share here, but you’ll have to visit the app to see the full project. You can find all the details on the app here.

2 comments:

  1. I love those colors together, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori,
    This is really beautiful. The colors and the nature scape have a very soothing feel to it. Love the button too!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips