Monday, November 1, 2010

Teachers Rule

Here’s my card for this month’s My Favorite Things guest designer contest. This month's contest challenge was to use office supplies in your project. I used the new Teacher’s Pet set—since I’m a teacher, I couldn’t resist this month’s VIP package full of school related stamps and papers . . .

I colored the teacher image using Copic markers, picking colors that coordinated with the shades in the Crate Paper School Spirit paper I used to cover most of the cardfront. To go along with the school theme, I colored a piece of ruler printed masking tape (office supply #1)with a Copic marker and ran that along the card. The image panel sits on top of the ruler strip. A strip of red ribbon with staples (office supply #2) at the end runs underneath the ribbon. I stamped the “teachers rule” sentiment in red ink on a cream panel and layered it on a white mat. A silver paper clip (office supply #3), decorated with a red and white baker’s twine bow, is attached to the sentiment panel. It’s layered on to the card with some foam tape.

Materials Used:
Teacher’s Pet stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Riding Hood Red and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); School Spirit designer paper (Crate Paper); ruler masking tape (7gypsies); baker’s twine (The Twinery); paper clip; staples; foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips