Friday, December 10, 2010

Birthday Girl with Bling

Here’s my card for this week’s There She Goes challenge to bling it on. I combined the challenge with Mercy’s sketch for a fun and festive birthday card that would be just perfect for a little girl.

Some of my bling comes from the glittery patterned paper I used on the cardfront. Most of it’s covered by the other layers, but it does have sparkle—I promise! I used coordinating colors for the rest of the card’s layers. There are a lot more here than I usually use and it took me a while to figure out a good balance of colors. I ended up with a mix of coordinating solid cardstock and dotted patterned paper to go with the stripes.

Once I got all that settled, the rest of the card came together easily. A strip of pink ribbon runs across the card with a scalloped strip slipped beneath the bottom edge of the ribbon. I added a clear crystal to each scallop for even more sparkle. The cute little girl image is colored with Copic markers to coordinate with the papers. I stamped the balloons a second time on a scrap of cardstock, colored them, cut them out, and added them to the image panel with foam tape for a fun detail.

Materials Used:
Wrapped in Joy stamp set (There She Goes); white cardstock (Couture Cardstock); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Simply Chartreuse, Hawaiian Shores, and Hibiscus Burst cardstock, Bitty Dot Basics patterned paper, Hibiscus Burst grosgrain ribbon, medium scallop die (Papertrey Ink); Penny Lane designer paper (My Mind’s Eye); petite oval dies (Spellbinders); clear crystals (Imaginisce); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. That is very cute and sweet! I love the colors! so bold and bright!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card- I have a niece that would just LOVE this! Great DSP and the crystals on the scallops are a perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips