Friday, December 10, 2010

Blogger Challenge: Week 181/Friends with Flair

This week’s blogger challenge theme is birthdays. I used one of my favorite birthday sets, Unity’s It’s Your Day, for this card.

I stamped the kit's cake image on a circle panel and colored it with Copic markers. The candle flames are glittered up with some Yellow Stickles for a sparkly glow.

I used paper from Echo Park's Summertime Collection Kit for the panels on the cardfront. I chose a whimsical pattern that's similar to the shape of the decorations on the cake for the slanted panel and a fun green gingham to cover most of the cardfront. A piece of green twill is knotted around the card, overlapping the slanted panel a little bit. The kit's "celebrate" sentiment is stamped along the bottom of the card--just fit! A row of sparkly iridescent crystals fills the rest of the space along the bottom edge of the card. I don't think I've every used this many crystals in a row on a card before!

For more birthday ideas, you can check out what the rest of the challenge players have created. Links to their blogs are in the sidebar on the right. And, for more Unity inspiration, stop by the Unity blog for the full list of Friends with Flair players.

Materials Used:
from
i {heart} papers: Unity Stamp Co. It’s Your Day kit, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic markers (E25, E31, E33, E#$, YG25, Y13, YR15, R24, R81, BG11), Spellbinders circle and scalloped circle dies, Ranger Yellow Stickles, Echo Park Sweet Summertime Collection Kit, Alexx Kesh green herringbone twill, Zva Creative dimensional dots and iridescent crystals

other: Simply Chartreuse cardstock (Papertrey Ink); white cardstock (Couture Cardstock)

23 comments:

  1. Super cute BD card - love the summery Echo Park papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful colors and I love the offset BG paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card Lori! I wish I was on your list of people to make cards for! I love the green! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card Lori! I wish I was on your list of people to make cards for! Love the green! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this! you do the best coloring, lori!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori,
    i love this card. That green twill is great. I'm now on the look out for it at my local stamp store. I adore the row of bling. Great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great layout, love how you stamped the sentiment with the rhinestones, very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful birthday card Lori! Love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous layout and I love the colors and dsp you used! Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute birthday card Lori! That image is so sweet! Great design! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool cake stamp. Love the background paper and the added bling.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fantastic image and love that DSP! Very cute. {sMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your bright and cheery card!! The bling along the bottom is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all your card features....it all works so well together!
    *smile*

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips