Sunday, December 26, 2010

Blue Baby Boy Boat

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. I thought this button-filled baby boy card was just adorable, so I created my own version of the card using images from Verve. I made a scaled down version with different papers, but I think it turned out just as cute as the original.

I used the little boat image from Verve's Text Objects set as the focal image. The boat is paper pieced using some thin corrugated cardboard as the bottom and a herringbone pattern for the sails.

I used a dotted paper for the sky portion of the scene and a striped pattern for the water. A line of blue and green buttons runs along the seam between the striped and dotted papers. They're held in place with a strip of ScorTape. Instead of threading and tying each button individually, I did a little "cheat" and drew in a faux thread with a white gel pen. Much faster! A pair of felt clouds fills in the rest of the sky.

I had a hard time deciding on where to place the sentiment. First, I stamped it directly on the striped paper in navy ink, but it looked lost. I ended up stamping the "welcome baby" sentiment from Practically Perfect in Marina Mist ink on a light blue notch-edged panel and setting that at the bottom of the card.

Materials Used:
Text Objects and Practically Perfect stamp sets (Verve Stamps); Marina Mist Classic ink, Pear Pizzazz and Bashful Blue cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); marker (Copic); white cardstock (Xerox); The Winter Combo matstack (DCWV); buttons (Michaels-dollar spot); cloud die (Papertrey Ink); white gel pen (Ranger); corrugated cardboard; white felt; foam tape; ScorTape

2 comments:

  1. This is super adorable! Love that little boat and all those buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, this is adorable! I love the buttons! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips