Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Let's Eat Cake

I have time for just a quick post tonight before I run off to an evening meeting for work. Here’s my card for today’s SCS sketch challenge. I used one of the My Favorite Things a la mode sets with some pennant patterned paper for a festive birthday card.

I colored the a la mode with Copic markers. Her cake’s a yummy looking chocolate shade with pink icing. I dottedon some pink Liquid Pearls along the top of each layer for a decorative touch. The sentiment runs underneath her feet, accented with a pink button.

I paired her with pennant patterned paper from My Mind’s Eye. I thought it was the perfect paper for a celebration themed card. The pale pink panel is embossed with a dotted pattern, matching the dots in the pennants and the dots on the cake. Looks yummy!

Materials Used:
A la mode Time to Celebrate stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Couture Cardstock); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Pink Pirouette and Regal Rose cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Ocean Mist cardstock (Gina K Designs); Fine and Dandy Tickled Pink designer paper (My Mind’s Eye); Polka Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug); button (Papertrey Ink); baker's twine (The Twinery); Pink Petal Liquid Pearls (Ranger); sewing machine

1 comment:

  1. Now that's the size slice of cake I want on my birthday! ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips