Monday, December 27, 2010

Many Thanks

Here's my card for today's SCS clean and simple challenge. This week's challenge was a color challenge using kraft, Chocolate Chip, white, and Wild Wasabi. Wild Wasabi's one of the few SU! colors I haven't invested in, so for my card, I switched it out for an avocado green shade. Still works, at least for me.

I used the tree image from Papertrey Ink's Falling Leaves set as my focal image. The tree is stamped in brown and green on a kraft panel--love the look of colored inks on kraft cardstock! I made some grass to ground the tree with a small scrap of Jillibean Soup designer paper.

The stamped panel is set on a Chocolate Chip mat. I added a ribbon tab to the left side of the panel and covered the end with big green button tied with some twine. It went nicely with the earthy feel of the card. After sifting through a bunch of sentiment options, I stamped the "many thanks" sentiment from Fillable Frames #1 along the side of the image panel to finish the card. The bold font and straight bottom of the sentiment (no g's or y's hanging down) made it a good choice for my design.

Materials Used:
Falling Leaves and Fillable Frames #1 stamp sets, Ripe Avocado and Dark Chocolate inks, Ripe Avocado grosgrain ribbon, Simply Chartreuse button, twine (Papertrey Ink); Chocolate Chip and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Soup Staples designer paper (Jillibean Soup); white cardstock (Georgia Pacific)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips