Friday, December 3, 2010

Friends with Flair Pair

For this week’s Friends with Flair, I made a pair of projects. The first one's a fun winter shaker tag that’s perfect for attaching to a gift.

I used the snowman image with the “celebrate” sentiment wrapped around it from Unity's Jillibean Soup co-branded Jolly Good Fun kit and a shaker pouch to make a simple winter scene. The snowman’s shaded with Copic markers and I added some Polar White Flower Soft as snowflakes before sealing the shaker part. The shaker is inside a kraft tag cut with a Labels 9 die. I embossed the tag with a snowflake pattern for a fun touch.

To highlight the shaker, I framed it with a scalloped circle. Each scallop is dotted with Rouge Liquid Pearls. I ran some snowflake patterned twill through the hole at the top and secured the twill with a matching red button. Too cute!

Materials Used:
from
i {heart} papers: Unity Stamp Co. Jolly Good Fun kit, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic markers (B000, B00, R24, YR04), Polar White Flower Soft, Impression Obsession small circle Shake It pouch, Spellbinders Labels 9, circle, and scalloped circle dies, QuicKutz Snowflake embossing folder, Ranger Rouge Liquid Pearls, Jillibean Soup snowflake twill and red twine, i {stick} papers redline tape

other: Crumb Cake and Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); button (Michaels)

My second card is for this week’s Unity Addict’s challenge to “fussy cut” a piece of designer paper to add an interesting element to your card. This was a real challenge for me, which is why I pushed myself to try it.

I used a piece of patterned paper from KaiserCraft’s Hey Birdie line for my cut element. I trimmed around the trio of whimsical trees and attached them to the kraft card base with dimensional dots. A strip of green corduroy ribbon runs along the bottom of the trees as grass to ground them. I stamped the "you're tweet" sentiment from Unity’s Everyday Adorable kit and added a felt birdie to complete the simple scene. Not as bad as I thought it would be—LOL!

Be sure to stop at the Unity blog for the complete list of FWF players--you don't want to miss all of the fabulous Unity projects!

Materials Used:
From
i {heart} papers: Unity Stamp Co. Everyday Adorable kit, KaiserCraft Hey Birdie paper pad and Felties, Memento Rich Cocoa ink, May Arts green corduroy ribbon, Zva Creative dimensional dots

Other: Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin’ Up!)

16 comments:

  1. Fabulous projects. I love the little bird on the card. So fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you used the ribbon as grass. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute are your card and snowman tag! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, your shaker tag is adorable, as is your fussy cut card! I love that little felt bird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are great! I love the idea to use the shaker pouch with that stamped image! Thanks for the link to where you got the shaker pouches. I'm going to try your idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are so adorable! I especially love the fussy cut background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. both are super cute - I love your fussy cutting!! very fun look

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute tag, but your funky little birdie card is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lori, what great shaker tag! and your fussy cutting is so ca-ute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVING that shaker tag and the card is wonderful. Love the felt birdie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute projects Lori! I love the layers and the textures on the cord are just wonderful! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the tag and the card Lori! Nice job on the fussy cutting and thaks so much for playing along! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your tag and card came out darlin'!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your fussy cutting! From here they look like chipboard...so professional! *smile*

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips