Thursday, December 2, 2010

Sending You Sunshine

Here’s my card for this week’s Our Craft Lounge sketch challenge. I used the Sunshine Cheer set for this week’s sketch along with some Echo Park patterned paper.

I stamped the sun and cloud images in black ink on a round panel, masking the cloud so it appeared that the sun was behind it and colored them with Copic markers. After going to all that trouble to mask the image, I ended up stamping the cloud a second time on a scrap of cardstock, cutting it out, and attaching it to the image panel with a dimensional dot.

To dress it up a little, I added some Stickles around the cloud’s edges. The “sending you sunshine” sentiment is stamped along the bottom of the panel. I just managed to fit it all in! I layered the finished panel on a big scalloped circle.

I used a panel of yellow patterned paper from Echo Park’s A Walk in the Park collection to cover the left side of the cardfront. I used a scallop punch to make a decorative edge along one side of the paper. A strip of pale blue faux suede ribbon stretches across the card. I cut notches at each end before securing it to the cardfront. The colored image panel is set over the ribbon with some dimensional dots. I debated adding some type of bling to the ends of the ribbon, but in the end, decided to leave it as is.

Materials Used:
from
i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Sunshine Cheer stamp set, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic markers (Y11, Y13, Y17, Y18, R21, B000, B0000, YR15), Ranger Stardust Stickles, Echo Park Walk in the Park collection kit, Spellbinders circle and big scalloped circle dies, May Arts light blue faux suede ribbon, Zva Creative dimensional dots

other: Hawaiian Shores and Harvest Gold cardstock (Papertrey Ink); scallop edge punch (Stampin’ Up!)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips