Thursday, December 2, 2010

Jingle Bell

Here’s my card for this week’s TCP Tuesday color challenge. I love this color combination—aqua, ice blue, and lavender—for winter cards! I used one of the new releases, Jingle Bells, and Mercy’s Tuesday sketch challenge for this sweet card.

I colored the image with Copic markers using shades of lavender and blue for the clothes. The cuffs and bottom of her top (dress?) are fluffed up with a little white flock. I used the out of the box technique on the image panel, carefully cutting so her scarf extends beyond the edge of the white panel. I added a small gold bell brad in her hand as an accent and stamped the “jingle all the way” sentiment alongside the image.

I used a snowflake patterned paper from Echo Park to cover most of the cardfront. The smaller, lavender paper panel is from a Papertrey Ink paper collection. A strip of aqua ribbon runs across the card, but is mostly hidden by the image panel. I added a white strip cut with the new Icing die across the ribbon, but again, it’s mostly hidden. A layered button embellishment, tied up with some pretty lavender baker’s twine was the finishing touch.

Materials Used:
Jingle Bells stamp set, Icing die (The Cat’s Pajamas); white cardstock (Couture Cardstock); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Aqua Mist cardstock, Pretty Pastels patterned paper, Aqua Mist grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Lovely Lavender cardstock (Gina K Designs); white flock (Stampendous); bell brad (The Paper Source); buttons (Clear and Simple Stamps); baker’s twine (Timeless Twine)

3 comments:

  1. Incredibly cute, Lori! I love how you did the scarf outside the box, and the button embellishment with the twine is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THis is so cute I love the layout and colors you choice, That is my style. What would said style was country? Country or What?

    ReplyDelete
  3. darling card Lori!!! Love your use of patterned papers and coloring!!! Thanks so much for playing with us this week :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips