Thursday, December 30, 2010

Earthy Anniversary

My mom and dad celebrated their wedding anniversary this week. My sister and I got them a gift certificate to use on their trip to Las Vegas (en route to watch Wisconsin play in the Rose Bowl on Saturday) and I made this simple card to give them as well. It wasn't ready before they left town, so they'll have to wait until they get home to check it out in person. I figured I'd post it anyway and if my mom's checking in on my blog, she'll get a sneak peek.

I didn't want to do anything too girly colored and frilly detailed--that's totally not my dad--so I went more earth toned and subdued with lots of fun texture. I used a Spring Moss card base and added a kraft panel embossed with subtle woodgrain pattern over the base. I cut a piece of Happy Dots patterned paper with both green and brown in it and added that to the mix.

A corrugated cardboard heart (the second I cut out, thanks to Chloe the cutie and chewy puppy's nosy ways) is set on the patterned paper. I stamped the "happy anniversary" sentiment from Round & Round, Papertrey Ink's anniversary set--how appropriate--in Dark Chocolate ink on a Spring Moss banner strip and attached that to the card with the end slipped under the heart. I love the font here--not too formal or elegant, just a nice mix. I don't usually do really formal cards, so lots of the fonts you find for anniversary sentiments don't work for me. A green button, dressed up with some baker's twine, finishes the card.

Materials Used:
Round & Round stamp set, Dark Chocolate ink, Spring Moss and Kraft cardstock, Happy Dots patterned paper, Double-Ended Banner and Heart Prints dies, Woodgrain impression plate, Simply Chartreuse button (Papertrey Ink); baker's twine (Martha Stewart); corrugated cardboard

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lori!

    This is just perfect, it does not need any more than this! Love the colors!

    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips