Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Warm Wishes in the Snow

The theme for this week’s Kraftin’ Kimmie challenge is “let it snow.” I paired my Moonlight Whispers Willard image with some snowy patterned paper from Echo Park and this week’s sketch from Crazy 4 Challenges for this frosty card.

I colored Willard with Copic markers then cut out the colored image. I used two patterned papers from Echo Park’s Wintertime collection for the largest panels on the cardfront. To add another snowy element, I embossed a light blue circle with a snowflake pattern and layered it on a darker blue mat before attaching it to the cardfront. The raised flakes were brushed with a shimmery white ink for a soft sparkle.

The colored image is attached to a blue panel with foam tape. As an afterthought, I added a little tinsel glitter underneath Willard's feet--it looks kind of icy. I stamped the sentiment on a white circle and matted it before attaching it to the cardfront.

Materials Used:
Moonlight Whispers Willard image (Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps); white cardstock (Couture Cardstock); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Blue Bayou and Soft Sky cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Wintertime designer papers (Echo Park); circle dies (Spellbinders); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); Snowflake embossing folder (QuicKutz); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Love it! This layout is perfect for Willard & I love your colour choices. I played with Willard for this challenge too- he's such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so adorable! Love this card and the colors are fab!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips