Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Bee Mine

***Scroll down to the post below to see my card for this week's Color Throwdown challenge.***

Here’s my card for this week’s SCS sketch challenge. I went simple and sweet with the perfect for Valentine’s Day Willard image from Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps. I just love this little guy and his fabulous facial expressions!

I colored Willard with Copic markers. Without making things too girly, I added a little sparkle to the bee’s wings with some Stickles.

The image is set on layers of patterned papers from Pink Paislee’s 365 Degrees line that match the colors I used for the image. I machine stitched around the edges of the red paper for some contrast. For the narrow panel that runs across the card, I layered two coordinating solid cardstock strips, then wrapped them with some red and white baker's twine to add a little texture. It's a little bulky, but still works. There was just enough room to squeeze in the "bee mine" sentiment along the bottom of the panel.

I'll be back tomorrow morning with another "punny" card . . .

Materials Used:
Moonlight Whispers Valentine Willard image (Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps); white cardstock (X-Press); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Riding Hood Red and Not Quite Navy cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); 365 Degrees designer paper (Pink Paislee); Crystal Stickles (Ranger); baker's twine (Divine Twine); sewing machine

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips