Thursday, January 6, 2011

Holy Shiitake

Here’s my card for this week’s Mojo Monday sketch. I used the new Fun Fungi II set from Clear and Simple Stamps for this fun, masculine card. Love the sentiments in this set!

I stamped the mushroom pair on a cream panel using brown ink and colored the image in warm gray tones. I kept with warm tones for the rest of the card, building it on a kraft panel. It’s hard to see in the photo, but I brushed the edges of the panel with some On the Catwalk Cream ink for a subtle, distressed look. I used a dark brown twill strip (from a roll that I discovered has been chomped on by Chloe the cutie puppy—sigh . . .) directly on the kraft, then added a piece of patterned paper from Cosmo Cricket’s Earth Love line. The Earth Love papers are great with these images! A trio of silver brads decorates the patterned paper. I layered the matted image panel on top, then machine stitched the kraft panel to a dark brown card base. To finish it off, I added the set’s “holy shiitake” sentiment to the card using a notch-edged panel. Too fun!

Materials Used:
Fun Fungi II stamp set, Dish All the Dirt Brown and On the Catwalk Cream ink, Dish All the Dirt, Kraft Like a Rockstar, and On the Catwalk Cream cardstock (Clear and Simple Stamps); Earth Love designer paper (Cosmo Cricket); circle dies (Spellbinders); brown twill (Charles Clay & Sons); silver brads (Joann); sewing machine

3 comments:

  1. Eek - super cute! That paper is so perfect too. Glad Chloe left you a little strip of ribbon to play with for your card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OM-LOVE!!! I laughed out loud at your card this morning, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that sentiment just made me giggle! What a cool card, Lori! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips