Thursday, January 13, 2011

Bee Mine

I just love this fun Willard character from the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Moonlight Whispers line! I couldn't resist using him yet again for this week's Kraftin' Kimmie challenge to make a card with no ribbon or fibers. My card uses the sketch from this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge--it was a great fit for the image.

I colored Willard with Copic markers and carefully cut the image out, then set it aside to assemble the rest of the card.

I combined two bright patterned papers for the panels on the red card base, purposely picking ones that weren't super girly. I used a pair of circle die cuts to make the background panel for my image. For the strip that runs almost the length of the card, I punched a green cardstock strip with a grass punch--perfect for grounding my image--and attached a striped scallop edged strip at the bottom. Before attaching it to the card, I added a pair of silver brads at one end of the strip and stamped the sentiment at the other. Once the pieces were all in place, I added Willard using some foam tape. I finished off the card with a little Stickles on the bee's wings.

Materials Used:
Moonlight Whispers Valentine Willard image (Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps); white cardstock (X-Press); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Riding Hood Red, Daffodil Delight, Baja Breeze, and Kiwi Kiss cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Modern Homemaker designer paper (October Afternoon); designer paper (American Crafts); circle dies (Spellbinders); medium scallop die (Papertrey Ink); silver brads (Joann); Crystal Stickles (Ranger); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Willard looks so sweet! Love the bright colours and the grass! And that layout is perfect! Love the way you cut Willard out too! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips