Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I Ruff You

***Scroll down to see my Color Throwdown post, including the details about this week's special CTD challenge.***

Here's my simple, sweet card for this week's sketch challenge. I used an adorable puppy image from the Puppy Love set from There She Goes along with the black/gray/red/pink color combination from this week's TSG challenge for my cheerful design.

The puppy and heart images are colored with Copic markers and matted on a black panel. The image is attached to a red card base dressed up with a panel of Valentine-y patterned paper edged with a coordinating bold, solid pink strip. I debated embossing the pink panel for some texture, but in the end, decided to leave it flat to keep the card from getting cluttered with pattern.

I kept things simple, embellishing the card with only a pair of black buttons, threaded and tied with some red baker's twine. The set's "I ruff you!" sentiment is stamped directly on the red card base, just along the edge of the patterned paper panel.

Materials Used:
Puppy Love stamp set (There She Goes); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Real Red, Melon Mambo, and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Simple Valentine patterned paper, black buttons (Papertrey Ink); red twine (Divine Twine)

2 comments:

  1. This is adorable Lori! Love the buttons with the Baker's Twine! What a great sketch! I'm going to have to give it a try! :D

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips