Monday, January 31, 2011

Celebrate

Here's my bright and cheery card for this week's Hip Hop sketch challenge. I used two different Unity kits for this fun card.

I stamped the rainbow image from the Sunny Happy Skies kit on white cardstock and colored it with Copic markers. I carefully cut out the colored image, then outlined the cloud at the rainbow's end with some Crystal Stickles. I set the image aside to dry while I assembled the rest of the card.

I used two different patterns from Echo Park's Walk in the Park Collection Kit on the cardfront--a pale blue checked pattern covering most of the cardfront and a sunny yellow one with a decorative edge for the triangle-shaped piece. It's hard to see in the photo, but I machine-stitched around the edges of the yellow paper to anchor it. Once the patterned papers were in place, I added the pair of offset squares to the cardfront. The rainbow is layered on a pale blue circle using dimensional dots. Since the Sunny Happy Skies kit doesn't have any sentiments, I looked through my collection for a good match for the image and finally settled on the "celebrate" sentiment from the It's Your Day kit. It's stamped on a red panel and accented with some red baker's twine wrapped around the panel's edge and tied off in a bow.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Unity Stamp Co. Sunny Happy Skies and It's Your Day kits, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, X-Press Copic blending cardstock, Copic markers (B000, B0000, B00, B02, B04, Y02, Y04, Y08, R12, R22, R24), Echo Park Walk in the Park Collection Kit, Spellbinders circle die, Ranger Crystal Stickles, Divine Twine Cherry Red baker's twine, Zva Creative dimensional dots

other: Soft Sky, Daffodil Delight, and Tempting Turquoise cardstock (Stampin' Up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips