Monday, January 31, 2011

Rock 'N Roll Inspired

This week's SCS clean and simple challenge was to be inspired by the phrase "rock 'n roll." I originally was going to do a one layer card along the lines of the latest One Layer Wednesday challenge using a layout with a simple visual triangle, but somewhere along the way, one layer turned into three. At least the visual triangle element stayed the same!

Here's what I came up with in the end. I used images from the You're My Hero set from Taylored Expressions. To get a masculine look, I started with a gray base. The rock star is stamped first in gray ink, then again in silver ink, just slightly offset for a shadowy look. Very cool IRL! I stamped the set's "you rock" sentiment next to the image, then added the big splotchy image above them using silver ink. I accented a few of the parts of the image with metal star brads (another visual triangle!).
It just wasn't working for me with only the one gray layer, so I trimmed down the panel and layered it on a silver panel, then on a black card base. Much better--and still clean and simple!

Materials Used:
You're My Hero stamp set (Taylored Expressions); silver ink (Encore); Basic Gray ink, Basic Gray and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); silver cardstock (Recollections); star brads (Making Memories)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips