Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Color Throwdown #125


It's time for another Color Throwdown! This week's colors are courtesy of Barbara. She's chosen Pear Pizzazz, Kraft, and Blushing Bride.

I used images from the Fun Fungi II set from Clear and Simple Stamps for my card. I stamped the mushroom duo on cream cardstock and colored it with Copic markers, then carefully cut out the colored image.

I wanted to add a little earthy texture to complement the mushrooms, so I pulled out my cork paper. I cut a circle from the cork sheet and attached the mushrooms to the circle using foam tape. I added a pretty pink scallop edged felt heart to the circle along with a green button tied with a little baker's twine.

I embossed a pink panel with a dotted pattern and set that on the card base. I attached the cork circle at the bottom of the pink panel, then added a little kraft sentiment flag, stamped with the set's "lean on me" sentiment.

Be sure to link up your finished creation using the colors to this week's post on the CTD blog so everyone can check it out. And, don't miss what the talented Color Throwdown team has created using this trio of colors. Here's where to find them:

Materials Used:
Fun Fungi II stamp set, Dish All the Dirt Brown ink, Kraft Like a Rockstar and On the Catwalk Cream cardstock, Kraft Like a Rockstar Green button (Clear and Simple Stamps); Pear Pizzazz and Blushing Bride cardstock (Stampin' Up!); cork sheet (Creative Impressions); circle die (Spellbinders); Polka Dots embossing folder (QuicKutz); heart die (My Favorite Things); baker's twine (Divine Twine); pink felt; foam tape

8 comments:

  1. I love this, Lori! So crisp and uncluttered and your cork circle is a great backdrop for the mushrooms. Just a great design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bow to thee oh Queen of the CAS design! Everything about this is so perfect and cute and clean. I just love it and I'm totally wanting some mushroom stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, this is darling! I love the soft pink heart and the cork circle is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the clean look and the cork is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always make the cork go so perfectly with your cards! I love how it looks here, especially with the felt heart! Really cute card, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just adorable! I love the cork circle! With that and the felt card there is so much great texture! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips