Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Friendship Warms the Heart

****Scroll down to the post below to see my card for this week's Color Throwdown.****

Here’s my card for today’s SCS sketch challenge. I combined the sketch with this week’s There She Goes challenge to use wet embossing for this wintery card.

I used an image from the new Wonderful Winter Wishes set for the image panel. I colored the cute kiddies with Copic markers and cut them out. I made a simple scene to set them in, embossing a snowflake image from the Snowy Days set repeatedly with white embossing powder on a blue background and adding some torn shimmery white strips at the bottom of the panel as snow. The torn edges are sprinkled with Dazzling Diamonds for a sparkly look. Once the scene was done, I added the colored image with foam tape.

I used a red patterned paper for the panels underneath the image. To add interest, I machine stitched around the edges of the patterned paper. The sentiment is stamped on a scrap of Baja Breeze cardstock and attached over the “snow.” A snowflake button, tied with some red twine, sits at the edge of the sentiment for a fun embellishment.

Materials Used:
Wonderful Winter Wishes and Snowy Days stamp sets (There She Goes); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Riding Hood Red Classic ink, Whisper White Craft ink, Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze, and Shimmery White, white embossing powder, Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin’ Up!); Good Cheer designer paper (October Afternoon); snowflake button (Blumenthal Lansing), red baker's twine (Divine Twine); sewing machine; foam tape

2 comments:

  1. love it you did a great job with the sketch and i just love the background you created wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips