Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Papertrey Ink January Blog Hop


This month’s Papertrey Ink blog hop theme is using those little or never inked sets. I have a nice collection of PTI sets and definitely find myself turning to my favorites again and again. It was fun to pull out a less-used set and play around! I used Chair-ished for my blog hop card. I’ve gotten lots of use from its companion sets, On My Couch and On My Couch Additions, but for some reason, this set just hasn't gotten the same attention.

I made a simple scene using one of the chair images and the tall lamp. I did a few things to add texture and interest to the scene. The chair is stamped on a piece of patterned fabric using PTI’s Dark Chocolate ink. I carefully cut it out and attached it to the scene using ScorTape. The ScorTape kept the fabric smooth and flat. For more texture, I stamped the floorboard image on a piece of cork, trimmed it, and attached it at the bottom of my scene. The lamp’s shade is paper pieced,too. I left it solid to keep the attention on the chair's fun pattern.

The rest of the card is pretty simple. I matted the scene on coordinating cardstock. It’s set on a Spring Moss card base with a strip of kraft running down the length of the cardfront. I edged the kraft panel with a piece of Hawaiian Shores satin ribbon. The sentiment is stamped on a double-ended banner die cut and attached underneath the image panel. A pretty button-embellished bow hides the end of the strip.

Materials Used:
Chair-ished stamp set, Dark Chocolate ink, Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse, Hawaiian Shores, Aqua Mist, and Kraft cardstock, double-ended banner die, Hawaiian Shores satin ribbon, Simply Chartreuse button, twine (Papertrey Ink); cork (Creative Impressions); fabric; ScorTape

48 comments:

  1. Lori, this card is great. The colors are spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great LO & color combo! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I love that fabulous color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those colors look great together..great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great- sweet and to the point! I'm lovin' that color combo, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card. I like the layout of it and your bow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. perfect colors! What a great layout..

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute! I think several of us had chairs on the brain! Hugs from Copenhagen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great scene you created and a fun color combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card! Love the bright color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute! LOVE that cork. Genius idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great color combo and love the linear design!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the little scene you made here, and the colors are awesome! I used this same set on my card today :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very inviting! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. If I could only have one PTI stampset... well I'd cry a lot, then I think I'd pick this one. Great card! Thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the colors and the layout ....... super cute and I love that chair ....... FOR MY HOUSE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love alll the textures on your card. Very striking color combo, too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great card, Lori! I love the fun colors and the cork floor is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  19. your card is fab, love the color combo, love what you did with the chair!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute card. I really like the color combo you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just lovely, Lori! Such a sweet, sweet scene!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so pretty! I love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful colors! I love the cork floor too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So cute, Lori! I love how you have the strips of color in your layout. That little floor is awesome! Love the big bow, too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a fantastic idea to use the fabric and cork. Great card.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love that stamp set. Isn't it amazing how infrequently we use them even though we love them.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very cute card! Love all the details that you put into it.....especially cutting the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  28. love all the colors and texture, very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fun color scheme and love the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a great color combination, and I love your "floor" Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very, very cute card! Love the cards, and the ribbon is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is one fabulous card! The cork floor and fabric chair are brilliant! So, so cute! Great choice of colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  33. so sweet!!! great colors and layout

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a great scene you have created. Thanks for your hard work in the PTI challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful card! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love that cork floor! Great job on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh I do love your patterned chair and the cork floor - they're totally fabulous! Your colours are fantastic together!

    ReplyDelete
  38. love the use of multiple materials to add texture to the scene

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love the fabric chair and the cork floor!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love, love, LOVE this color combo. I'm going to have to use it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  41. cute. what a fun stamp set, now i want it. great colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  42. First of all....great colors. Second....I LOVE your floor out of cork!! Very cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  43. What fun! Fabric and cork... now I need to think about other textures on my cards, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Great card! Love the dimension that the cork and fabric add!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Really cute fabric chair - I love tactile details like this! Great card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips