Thursday, January 20, 2011

Simply Celebrate

This week’s One Layer Wednesday challenge is to use two or more sentiments on your card. I used two sentiments from the Celebrate set from Clear and Simple Stamps for my simple masculine card.

I started with a kraft base. I inked the set’s large “celebrate” sentiment with Dish All the Dirt Brown ink, omitting the smaller scale repeated “celebrate” that appears three times in a row above the word by covering it with a sticky note while I inked the stamp. The image was stamped three times on the kraft card base without reinking between stamping. This created a cool, gradient effect—a great way to add interest to a card, especially a masculine one. I stamped the smaller “your day” sentiment beneath the bottom “celebrate.” Finished!

Clear and Simple Stamps is generously donating a limited edition Thinking of You set to one OLW challenge participant. All you need to do is create your card for the challenge, link it to the OLW post, then post a comment on the CSS Facebook page.

I'm celebrating a happy day here. My car is back from the repair shop. It looks fabulous and is sparkly clean inside and out. I didn't realize how much I liked my car until I didn't have it for a few days--LOL! And, Chloe the cutie puppy made a return to her beloved dog park today. She had a small incident last month that prevented her from being anywhere that she could be cut or scratched. She got the all-clear today and this afternoon, we played at the park with her pal, Bentley. She's a happy girl, even though she needed a bath when we got home. And, tomorrow's Friday--and that's a good thing, too!

Materials Used (all from Clear and Simple Stamps):
Celebrate stamp set, Dish All the Dirt Brown ink, Kraft Like a Rockstar cardstock

6 comments:

  1. It's a great card - love the gradient effect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a totally perfect card for this challenge!

    Love the colour combo and layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfection! I love the sentiment stamped three times. I never can get that to work for me...this looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool card! I really like the results of not re-inking the stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous! And using the kraft background makes it perfect!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips