Monday, January 10, 2011

Bee Mine

It's the end of the first week in January and I haven't had a chance to ink up my December Kit of the month from Unity, so I pulled it out and got to work on this week's Hip Hop sketch challenge. I went with a Valentine's Day themed card and ended up using stamps from three sets to complete the card.

I started with the bee image from the KOTM. I colored it with Copic markers and swirled some Crystal Stickles on the wings for a little sparkle. After adding the Stickles, I set the image aside and put together the rest of the card.

The sketch was designed for card that was taller than a standard A2 size, but I know that if there's any hope of actually sending the card, I needed to make my version an A2 card. I used a piece of My Mind's Eye paper for the big, curved edge panel on the card base. The curves were made by tracing the edges of a roll of ribbon (plenty of those around and handy!). I embossed a blue card base with a dotted panel, then set the patterned paper over it.

A strip of yellow runs across the width of the card. Since I had embossed the cardfront, I wanted to stamp the sentiment on this panel's smooth surface. I used stamps from two sets to get the "bee mine"--the "bee" from Everyday Adorable and the "mine" from City of Love. My stamp positioner helped me to place everything just right. I knotted a piece of red ribbon underneath the sentiment, then attached the colored image panel. Very sweet!

Materials Used:
{just be you} December 2010 Kit of the Month, Everyday Adorable, and City of Love Kits (Unity Stamp Co.); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Hawaiian Shores and Lemon Tart cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Love Me Do designer paper (My Mind's Eye); Polka Dots embossing folder (Sizzix); circle dies (Spellbinders); red satin ribbon (Target); Crystal Stickles (Ranger)

2 comments:

  1. Awww gorgeous card ... love all the dots and your little bee is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous design, Lori! Loving this!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips