Thursday, January 27, 2011

You Set My Heart A-Flutter

This week’s TCP Tuesday challenge was to use a sentiment with either the word “love” or “heart” in it. I used my new Tweet Hearts set and one of its fun, coordinating sentiments for this super sweet card.

The little girl image is colored with Copic markers. I added a little sparkle to the heart above the bird to set it off a bit.

Originally, I colored my image to coordinate with KaiserCraft’s Made with Love papers, but I ended up going in a different direction with the papers. I used a heart patterned paper from a K & Company Valentine’s Day collection to cover most of the yellow cardfront instead. I’ve been using this gold-ish yellow color for a bunch of my Valentine’s Day cards lately for a fun change from the usual pinks and reds. I added another paper panel from this collection underneath the image and stamped the “you set my heart a-flutter” sentiment directly on the subtly patterned piece.

I accented the sentiment with a felt heart made with TCP’s new Heart Trio CutUps die—love it! It’s fun to mix and match the different pieces of the heart. I have a feeling you’ll be seeing a lot of it!

Materials Used:
Tweet Hearts stamp set, Heart Trio CutUps die, pink Divine Twine (The Cat’s Pajamas); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers, Lipstick Spica pen (Copic); Harvest Gold cardstock, Harvest Gold felt, Sweet Blush button (Papertrey Ink); Regal Rose cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Kelly Panacci Valentine designer paper (K & Company); pink felt

2 comments:

  1. This is a really cute card you have here! I like it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. Such a sweet card. I love the coloring of the little girl. Just wonderful

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips