Thursday, January 27, 2011

And They Called it Puppy Love

Since Chloe the cutie puppy arrived at my house, there’s been a lot of puppy love going on around here. She’s such a sweetie, even when she steals my stuff. I can’t help but think of her when I use the Puppy Love set from There She Goes. I used one of its sweet puppy images for this sweet Valentine based on the sketch from this week’s TSG challenge.

The puppy image is colored with Copic markers. I resisted adding some sparkle to the heart with glitter or Stickles, but I may go back and add some . . . I took the colors for my card from the colors in the My Mind’s Eye Love Me Do designer paper I used for the large panel on the cardfront. The paper’s layered on a red panel and I used the same red for the scalloped strip that extends out from under the image. I topped the scalloped strip with some stitched grosgrain ribbon. The sentiment is stamped in red on a yellow strip with a notched end and layered over the ribbon/scallop combo.

Maybe Chloe will send this to her doggy “cousin” Bella for Valentine’s Day. Bella’s not very fond of Chloe, but Chloe keeps trying to win her over with her very best puppy tricks and antics. Maybe a card will help . . .

Edited to add: We had our first big snowfall of the season last night and it was Chloe's first "real" snowfall. She wasn't too sure about it at first, but now she seems to have decided she likes it. Here she is in the backyard after playing for a while.

Materials Used:
Puppy Love stamp set (There She Goes); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Riding Hood Red, Bermuda Bay, and Daffodil Delight cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Love Me Do designer paper (My Mind’s Eye); circle dies (Spellbinders); medium scallop edge die (Papertrey Ink); grosgrain ribbon (Michaels)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips