Sunday, February 27, 2011

Beautiful Blooms Birthday Wishes

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. It's based on this colorful birthday card. I loved the card's clean and simple design and bold color scheme.

For my version, I kept the card's layout and theme the same, but used a softer, spring-inspired color palette. I stamped one of the bold, solid flower images from Papertrey Ink's Beautiful Blooms II set on squares of pink, gold, and aqua cardstock using Versamark. The image was coated with clear embossing powder, then heat embossed. I love the tone-on-tone look this created. I rounded one corner on each panel, then arranged them on a green strip. A crystal, colored to match using Copic markers, was added to the center of each flower instead of a button.

After setting the green strip in place on the cardfront, I stamped the "birthday wishes" sentiment from the Make a Wish set in green ink just above it to finish the card. I think I might prefer the sentiment better in a blue ink, but I decided to leave it as is for now.

Materials Used:
Beautiful Blooms II and Make a Wish stamp sets, Simply Chartreuse ink, Aqua Mist, Sweet Blush, Harvest Gold, and Simply Chartreuse cardstock (Papertrey Ink); white cardstock (Xerox); Versamark ink (Tsukineko); Crystal Clear embossing powder (Stampin' Up!); markers (Copic); clear crystals (Studio 18)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips