Sunday, February 27, 2011

You're Too Cute

The challenge for this month's My Favorite Things guest designer challenge was to use MFT's Die-Namics dies to get die-mensional on your project. I used three different MFT Die-Namics dies to make my card.

I started by coloring the girl image from the Enjoy Every Moment set. I went with warm shades of orange, accented with a rosy pink. It's hard to see in the photo, but I added a teeny, tiny crystal to her headband and some Stickles to the heart on her dress--they seemed like good, girly details. Once she was colored, I carefully cut her out and set her aside to build a simple scene with lots of dimension to set her in.

The scene is arranged on a blue panel embossed with polka dots. I used the grass die to cut three green strips that I placed on the bottom using foam tape between each strip for dimension. I used the sun die on a patterned paper scrap to get a fun, dotted piece. It too is attached to the scene with foam tape. I added an orange button to the center, tied with some baker's twine for a finished look. The flat-bottom clouds are cut from felt, adding both dimension and texture. After all of the pieces were arranged, I put the little girl in place, again using foam tape. The set's "you're too cute" sentiment is stamped in orange on a banner die cut and slipped underneath the edge of the image. I attached the scene to a patterned paper panel, then a yellow cardfront.

Here's a side view of the card that shows all of the different layers. I guess this is one card that will definitely need to be hand-delivered to its recipient!

Materials Used:
Enjoy Every Moment stamp set, Die-Namics grass, sun, and flat-bottom cloud dies (My Favorite Things); white cardstock, Tiny Twinkle (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Baja Breeze and Kiwi Kiss cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Harvest Gold cardstock, double-ended banner die, Orange Zest button (Papertrey Ink); Modern Homemaker designer paper (October Afternoon); A Walk in the Park Collection Kit (Echo Park); Polka Dots embossing folder (Sizzix); yellow baker's twine (Timeless Twine); Cotton Candy Stickles (Ranger); white felt: foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips