Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Enjoy Your Special Day

Here’s my card for this week’s Our Craft Lounge photo inspiration challenge. The inspiration photo featured large, bold flowers in shades of gray and green on a white background. I tried to mirror the look and feel of the photo with an almost one layer card with lots of white space.

I stamped three flowers from the Pretty Petals set in black ink along the right corner of a white card base, masking to get a layered look. I added in a pair of petals, then colored the images with Copic markers. Gray flowers wouldn’t be my usual way to go, but I took my cue from the photo. I added a little Stickles to the flower centers for some sparkle. The “enjoy your special day” sentiment from the Big Birthday Wishes stamp set is stamped in the open space to the left of the flowers.

To balance out the design, I added some sheer green ribbon with white dots along the top of the card. I tied the ribbon ends in a bow for a feminine detail.

Materials Used:
from
i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Pretty Petals and Big Birthday Wishes stamp sets, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, X-Press Copic blending cardstock, Copic markers (C00, C-1, C-3, C-5, C-7, YG11, YG13, YG21, YG25, B0000), Ranger Crystal Stickles, May Arts sheer parrot green and white dotted ribbon

3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Lori! Love that green dotted ribbon and your coloring here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally gorgeous! Your coloring is perfect and so is your ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The grey flowers look really cool! You did a beautiful job with the color challenge.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips