Thursday, February 24, 2011

Color Me Happy

Here’s my card for this week’s Kraftin’ Kimmie challenge. I used the sketch along with the Lola Davinci image and some Echo Park papers for a bright and colorful card.

Lola is colored with Copic markers. I carefully cut her out, using a craft knife for some of the interior cuts, and layered her on an aqua circle using foam tape.

I paired two papers from Echo Park’s A Walk in the Park collection kit for the cardfront. I used a bold diagonal plaid piece for the larger panel and stitched around the edges for a nice, finished look. For the smaller panel, I went with a less busy dotted pattern. A strip of satin ribbon hides the seam between the two papers. I added an aqua piece at the top corner of the dotted paper, dressing it up with a button tied with some baker’s twine. The patterned papers are layered on a blue panel, then on a green card base. I set the image panel in place and added the “color me happy” sentiment from the Annie the Artist set on a sentiment flag. A trio of green buttons at the bottom of the panel completes the card.

Materials Used:
Moonlight Whispers Lola Davinci and Annie the Artist stamp sets (Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, and Simply Chartreuse cardstock, Double-Ended Banner die, Simply Chartreuse satin ribbon, Simply Chartreuse and Hawaiian Shores buttons (Papertrey Ink); A Walk in the Park Collection Kit (Echo Park); circle die (Spellbinders); baker’s twine (The Twinery); Lime Green Stickles (Ranger); foam tape; sewing machine

3 comments:

  1. Love this one!!!I may have to pick this one up it is sooo me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Lori! Love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such happy colours on your cute card !

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips