Thursday, February 24, 2011

You Warm My Heart

The yummy combination of colors for this week’s TCP Tuesday challenge-pink, dark chocolate, and teal--is a perfect match for one of my old favorite SU! paper packs. In fact, I liked this paper so much that I found that I have two unopened packs, plus a bunch of scraps. I made a little dent in my stash by combining two of the pack’s patterned papers with the sweet You Suit Me set for this card.

The girl is colored with Copic markers to match the challenge colors. I added some glitter to the steam coming from her mug for a little sparkle and shine. She’s layered on a piece of patterned paper using foam tape. I stitched around the panel with my sewing machine for a nice, finished look.

I used another patterned paper from the same paper package to cover most of the teal card base and layered the panel with the girl on it over that. A strip of rose grosgrain ribbon stretches across the whole card. It's dressed up with a matching button-embellished bow, tied with a little baker's twine, at the end of the panel opposite the little girl. The sentiment from the Like You a Latte set is attached on a little tab that sticks out from underneath the patterned paper panel.

Materials Used:
You Suit Me and Like You a Latte stamp sets, pink Divine Twine (The Cat’s Pajamas); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Regal Rose and Taken with Teal cardstock, Loves Me designer series paper, Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin’ Up!); button (Papertrey Ink); foam tape; sewing machine

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips