Thursday, February 17, 2011

P.S. I Love You

Here’s my card for this week’s Our Craft Lounge supply challenge to use buttons and bows on your card. I used a button-bow combination on this super sweet love note using OCL’s Sending Love set.


The set’s mailbox image is stamped on a white panel and colored with Copic markers. The hearts are dotted with some red Stickles for a little sparkle.

I used a dotted paper from Echo Park’s A Walk in the Park line for the panel on the bottom of the cardfront. It’s machine stitched to the red mat—please ignore the wonky corners, I’m not sure what my sewing machine’s issue was. Once the dotted panel was in place on the pink card base, I added the image panel. A strip of red faux suede ribbon runs along the right side of the image. I added a button embellished bow, tied with a little red baker’s twine, to the ribbon, setting it just at the top corner of the image panel. The “P.S. I love you” sentiment is stamped on a pink scrap, matted on a red panel and attached to the card, overlapping the image panel on one side.

Materials Used:
from
i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Sending Love stamp set, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, X-Press Copic blending cardstock, Copic markers (C00, C-1, C-3, C-5, C-7, R22, R24, R27, YG13, YG17, YG25, E25, E31, E34, B000, B0000), Ranger Ruby Slippers Glitz Stickles, Echo Park A Walk in the Park Collection Kit, May Arts red faux suede ribbon, Divine Twine Cherry Red baker’s twine

other: Cherry Cobbler cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Bubblegum Pink cardstock (Gina K Designs); sewing machine

3 comments:

  1. Love this, Lori! I love the pink/red color combo. Gorgeous bow with the button/twine! Your coloring is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What spuer card I love it all! I wishes I have that stamp!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips